Enrollment at A-JIS Is Ongoing
We are still accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year.
Our standard Application period is between November 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019, for the 2020–2021 school year. Applications received during the period will be considered for interviews in January (please see below for more information). We will continue to accept applications throughout the school year on a rolling admissions basis thereafter depending on availability.
Notification of Admission
We will inform you by email if you are invited in for an interview or not, in January of each year. Interviews are conducted in February, and notifications regarding the final decisions on student admissions will start at the end of February of each year. These notifications will be ongoing thereafter. Typically, once a complete application has been received and an interview has been conducted, notification is usually provided within several weeks. Notification is dependent upon both the nature of the applicant and the availability of seats in the grade level.
Age of Applicants:
- The cutoff date for age placements is September 1.
- The age of the applicant is considered in placements for kindergarten to grade 1.
- Age requirements for the lower grades are as follows:
- K2: 1.5 years old
- K3: 3 years old (must be toilet trained)
- K4: 4 years old
- K5: 5 years old
- Grade 1: 6 years old
- All applicants for grades 2 and up are placed according to their completed or current grade level or at the principal’s discretion in consultation with the parents.