Aoba-Japan International School (A-JIS) is a vibrant and growing school with four campuses in the greater Tokyo area.
Aoba Japan International School Hikarigaoka Campus is seeking a full time Shadow Teaching Assistant.
- Provide in and out of class support for a child to achieve success in an IB PYP classroom
- Work closely with the homeroom teacher and Learning Support Team to provide support for the child to work towards achieving his Individual Support Plan goals
- Build positive relationships with the student that they are working with
- Provide regular reports to the teacher, parents and learning support team
- Liaise with other specialists who are working with the child
- Demonstrate initiative in collaborative planning, making resources and suggesting learning strategies
- Native or Highly Proficient English fluency
- Educational experience with a background in working with children who have learning difficulties is highly valued
Aoba Japan International School Meguro Campus is seeking a full time nursery teacher.
- Nursery teacher for the 3 year old class
- PYP program
- Taught in an IB school and experienced in line with the PYP
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of some Japanese
- JCQ (bilingual kindergarten)
- Summerhill (international kindergarten)
- Waseda (bilingual kindergarten)
- Mitaka (bilingual kindergarten)
A-JIS will be increasing student numbers in its Early Years and Secondary Years programs over the next two years. We are looking for experienced educators who have a demonstrated capacity to effectively collaborate, innovate and teach.
Key selection criteria (Necessary)
- Expert teaching and learning knowledge
- Demonstrated high-level teaching skills
- Deep understanding of the continuum of learning
- International Baccalaureate knowledge and practice
- Leadership aspirations
- Three references (include most recent supervisor)
Please read the details below carefully to ensure your application is considered and has the best opportunity of success.
Please submit all inquiry about employment through the employment contact form.
General hiring and employment information
A-JIS is always looking for substitute teachers. If you are interested in being considered for substitute work, please send in your application.
Confirmation of applications
Due to the large number of applications received each day we are unable to respond personally to all applications and inquiries. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.