Student Life - AJIS Library
We are excited to be able to provide our community with this valuable new resource, and believe that it will help our students in their studies. Use it for planning, preliminary research, and/or simply to get a feel for some of the resources we make available through our school’s library.
The AJIS library’s mission is to support the curriculum, promote literacy, and foster a love of reading. We offer a wide range of reading materials and electronic databases. Our database offerings are an excellent source for reliable information and can be accessed not only from school, but also from home.
We teach research skills necessary for students to navigate an information-rich world. Parents are welcome to come to the library before and after school to check out books. We look forward to seeing you in the library.
Search for Library Book
View the AJIS Catalog — Click here to download the complete list.
Online Homework and Study Aids
- www.Prezi.com A cloud-based presentation tool that allows for zooming and panning. It can make presentations more dynamic and fun
- www.Quiziet.com Students can create flashcards and study guides to review material online or on a mobile device. Created by high-school students the site has more than 40 million study sets generated by users
- www.Storybird.com The site helps students create a story or poem using a variety of illustrations
- www.Sparknotes.com Summaries of literary works with analyses of important quotes, key facts, study questions, essay topics, and quizzes
- www.HowLongToReadThis.com Students enter the name of a written work, a timer determines their reading speed as they read a simple paragraph, and they’re told how long it will take to finish the book
- www.KhanAcademy.org Brief tutorials on a wide arrey of topics and grade levels
www.Easybib.com Students can type in a website or source name and EasyBib will automatically generate a citation in whatever format the teacher requires
The Library is open:
Monday – Friday 8 am – 4 pm
Mrs Joanna Tomaszewska – Librarian
Ms Marta Burdzy – Library Assistant