Aoba Summer Program
for Aoba Neighbors
Registration for this year’s Summer Program closed after a very successful run.
The next session will be Winter School from 12-19-2022 to 12-23-2022 the winter holidays. Stay tuned!
This program is open to the local community to learn in English and make friends.
【Grades】For kinder, primary school, junior high school students
【Dates】July 17th, 2023 – Aug 11th, 2023*
*check back for session specific dates
【Place】Aoba Japan International School, Hikarigaoka Campus (7-5-1 Hikarigaoka, Nerima-ku, Tokyo)
【Hours】9.00 am – 3.00 pm
- Small-group classes on an elective basis
- English language learning (English, Maths, Integrated studies, Music, Art, etc.)
- Project-based inquiry learning in groups
- Experience languages other than Japanese and English.
- Experience what you want to do in English (e.g. physical education, painting, musical instruments, etc.)
- Out-of-school activities (excursions) and pool activities
* Classes and activities vary according to children’s English level.
【Corona infection control measures】Temperature check on arrival at school, no entrance if feverish, hand sanitisation, wearing masks indoors, regular ventilation, silent meals.
【Cost】 70,000 yen each session (+10,000 yen initial registration).
※School lunch available: 6,000 yen each session.
【Application】Closed until 2023
※Application deadline: 2 weeks before the start of each session, or as soon as the number of places is filled.
【Payment】Please make payment as per the invoice sent to you after application.
※If payment is not received after the payment deadline, the application will be cancelled.
※Please note that there are no refunds after payment.
What we offer
- Encourage students to be inquisitive about the world around them
- Stimulate students’ critical thinking, which will develop their motivation and direct their learning
- Build students’ confidence to engage in self-directed research projects
- Students will explore their topic of interest from different perspectives
- Opportunity to present and explain their own learning to an audience
Academic and Creative skill building through English
- Students show their learning and skills development
- Learn an IB PYP Unit of Inquiry
- Build academic skills development
- Deal with “time management,” “strategies for learning,” and “academic objectives”
- Upper elementary students experience different kinds of creative activities, such as lobotics, making movies, pottery, musical shows etc.
- Kinder and lower elementary students enjoy activities including visual arts, playing with water, PE, music etc.