Aoba Summer School Program
Registration for this year’s Summer Program closed after a very successful run.
Thank you for waiting! We are finally running our summer program 2022 after 2 years!
This program is open to the local community to brush up on their English, learn in English and make friends.
【Grades and Dates】
◆For kinder to 2nd year junior high school students
Period ①：7/18~7/22 (5 days) *Application deadline 4 July Registration closed
Period ②：7/25~7/29 (5 days) *Application deadline 11 July Registration closed
◆For kinder, primary school students, junior high school students
Period ③：8/1~8/5 (5 days) *Application deadline 18 July Registration closed
Period ④：8/8~8/12 (5 days) *Application deadline 25 July Almost Full (Only G2 – G4 registration available)
【Place】Aoba Japan International School, Hikarigaoka Campus (7-5-1 Hikarigaoka, Nerima-ku, Tokyo)
【Hours】9.00 am – 3.00 pm
- Small-group classes on an elective basis
- English language learning (English, Maths, Integrated studies, Music, Art, etc.)
- Project-based inquiry learning in groups
- Experience languages other than Japanese and English.
- Experience what you want to do in English (e.g. physical education, painting, musical instruments, etc.)
- Out-of-school activities (excursions) and pool activities
* Classes and activities vary according to children’s English level.
* This program is open to local residents.
【Corona infection control measures】Temperature check on arrival at school, no school if feverish and return home, hand sanitisation, wearing masks indoors, regular ventilation, silent meals.
【Cost】 70,000 yen each term (+10,000 yen initial registration).
※School lunch available: 6,000 yen each term.
【Application】Please fill in the dedicated application form.
*Application deadline: 2 weeks before the start of each period, or as soon as the number of places is filled.
【Payment】Please make payment as per the invoice sent to you after application.
※If payment is not received after the payment deadline, the application will be cancelled.
※Please note that there are no refunds after payment.
What we offer
- Encourage students to be inquisitive about the world around them
- Stimulate students’ critical thinking, which will develop their motivation and direct their learning
- Build students’ confidence to engage in self-directed research projects
- Students will explore their topic of interest from different perspectives
- Opportunity to present and explain their own learning to an audience
Academic and Creative skill building through English
- Students show their learning and skills development
- Learn an IB PYP Unit of Inquiry
- Build academic skills development
- Deal with “time management,” “strategies for learning,” and “academic objectives”
- Upper elementary students experience different kinds of creative activities, such as lobotics, making movies, pottery, musical shows etc.
- Kinder and lower elementary students enjoy activities including visual arts, playing with water, PE, music etc.