Aoba-Japan International School provides a continuum of international education for our learners aged 3 to 18.
At Aoba, we implement the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum with an emphasis on developing the characteristics of global leaders, entrepreneurs, and innovators in our learners. We focus on building effective communication, problem solving and wise risk-taking skills.
We have chosen the IB because it helps us develop well rounded learners who:
- respond to challenges with optimism and an open mind;
- are confident in their own identities;
- make ethical decisions;
- join with others in celebrating our common humanity;
- are prepared to apply what they learn in real world, complex and unpredictable situations (adapted from the IB)
An IB Education:
- centers on learners
- develops effective approaches to teaching and learning
- works within global contexts
- explores significant content
IB Learners Strive to Become:
These attributes of internationally minded people represent a broad range of human capacities and responsibilities that go beyond intellectual development and academic success.
For a deeper understanding of our programs please click on the links below.