In the summer of 2012, Aoba-Japan International School moved to its present location in Hikarigaoka in order to achieve another long-sought vision—the acquisition of a full-service school facility and campus.
Beyond the multi-level standard school building, the new campus provides a full-size soccer pitch, a gymnasium, a pool, playground, parking, and more. A-JIS has the location, campus, and facilities that allow it to pursue its mandate of educational excellence as we move further into the 21st century.
- Main school building—6,600 square meters across three floors
- Full gymnasium and performance stage
- Fully equipped science labs
- Independent learning lounges for middle and high school
- 25-meter outdoor pool
- Turfed soccer, futsal, and football field
- Indoor and outdoor basketball courts
- Primary school playground with slides and jungle gyms
- School bus fleet with Tokyo-wide route coverage
- Forested park-like campus and surroundings
- Full music, choir, and band rooms and facilities
- Art room and studio with pottery kiln
- Full kitchen and cafeteria service